POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : to the honor of the Pov/MegaPov developers : Re: to the honor of the Pov/MegaPov developers Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:22:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: to the honor of the Pov/MegaPov developers
Date: 14 Mar 2002 12:25:21
Message: <3c90dd01@news.povray.org>
> You've got bragging rights if you can get the color and interior correct.

currently rendering. it takes it's time.....

> How is CSG be more suited to this than a mesh? Do you have a web reference
> for the shape of this cut? Because I am curious to see what you mean.

What suits better if both ways result in the same thing?
At least CSG was much easier.

Hm. maybe I am wrong but look at the girdle: the bows caused by the round
shape beeing cut by plain facets. This is created very easily by simply
cutting a cylinder (which is in fact more realistic to the real creation
process). Modelling this with a mesh while considering different proportions
and cut-types is not that easy (but of course not impossible).

However, having enough from macros that parse a whole day I did this
quick-cut using a CSG instead of modelling as a mesh. Feel free to make a
mesh of it....

regards
SY

Post a reply to this message