POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Hatblocks : Re: Hatblocks Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:15:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Hatblocks
From: Txemi Jendrix
Date: 13 Mar 2002 13:58:06
Message: <3c8fa13e@news.povray.org>

news:3c8f6a04@news.povray.org...

> Also what other cheap packages would you be able to easily model this type
> of object in? (I was trying to convince the guy to use POV-Ray but he's
> graphic designer so he prefers the more "visual" packages). He tried with
> Blender but didn't get very far.

I understand your friend. For someone who has never tried povray, the first
time is really hard.

If you want my advice, try with hamapatch (it's free). You can do those
models in 10 minutes, and render it with pov, or work with them in moray,
and so on.

You can download the latest version from:
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/6625/soft10.html

Also you can get the English help file and resources in:
http://www.geocities.com/hamapatch/index.html

Hope this helps
--
Txemi Jendrix