POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : n-body system : Re: n-body system Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:21:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: n-body system
From: Thies Heidecke
Date: 13 Mar 2002 02:30:50
Message: <3c8f002a@news.povray.org>
Hi,

"Dave Brickell" <d.b### [at] ntlworldnospamcom> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I appreciate it could be difficult to do but it would be a good challenge.
>
> You do not need to compare every particle with every other particle as most
> will be outside the gravitational field. I do not know the maths behind it
> but I do know that the gravitaitional field drops off the further you get
> from an object (thus making the math more difficult).
>
> I lay down the gauntlet to anybody who fancies tackling this.
I've written a program in C for exactly this kind of simulation. It's capable
of doing eg a 1000 particle-simulation. It outputs a pov-scenefile from time
to time, which can then be rendered and joined to an animation. It also
supports
collision and fusion of two bodies to a bigger one. If someone is intereseted
can post the C-program or an animation which i've computed this way. But don't
expect any kind of Userinterface. I've everything hardcoded in the source
because
of lazyness :)
The Program still is very basic, it uses Forward-Euler integration. I plan to
extend it with Runge-Kutta integration for extra speed and precision.

That's it so far.
Tell me if anyone is interested and i'll post it.
Greetz

    Thies Heidecke