POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Oven : Re: Oven Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:17:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Oven
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 12 Mar 2002 18:23:10
Message: <3c8e8dde$1@news.povray.org>
> > > JRG, what are you using as a modeller?
> > None.
> > > I think it would have
> > > taken a couple of weeks to generate all the objects, and some
> > > more to get the textures even remotely as good as yours.
> > > But then I mostly place all objects by hand (with a little help
> > > from Matlab ofcourse).
> > I started it on Sunday. It took me one day and half to model and texture.
> I was afraid so, *sigh*
modelling isn't really difficult once you have a good idea of what you're trying
to make, and how you're going to make it.  Finding out how you're going to make
things isn't really difficult when you try to see an object as a collection of
smaller, simpler objects.
It's the texturing that really amazes me.  And the lighting.  Although maybe not
artistically very beautiful (no offence, I don't say it isn't beautiful, I say
you might get more beautiful and artistic results with less realistic lighting),
the lighting in this image is extremely realistic.

cu!
--
camera{location-z*3}#macro G(b,e)b+(e-b)*(C/50)#end#macro L(b,e,k,l)#local C=0
;#while(C<50)sphere{G(b,e),.1pigment{rgb G(k,l)}finish{ambient 1}}#local C=C+1