POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet another media sky : Re: Yet another media sky Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:24:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet another media sky
From: Jide
Date: 12 Mar 2002 15:52:16
Message: <3c8e6a80$1@news.povray.org>
Christoph Hormann wrote:
> Jide wrote:
> >
> > This was a quickie. Just wanted to see how easy it really was. I resized
the
> > image in gimp (was 1102*475)
> >

> Looks good!
>
> How fast?
>
> I think the sun should be visible somewhere, if it was below the horizon
> the illumination of the clouds would have to be different.
>
> Christoph

I agree on the sun and I was experimenting with it today but I think the
large scale of the scene made it impossible to use looks_like on the
light_source (looks like object not being visible when the light_source is
placed far enough). I'll propably try making the scene smaller when I find
the time.

And about the speed... NOT fast :P
I made a refined version this morning, just a bit under 10 hours on a 1.4GHz
athlon. I'll prolly
post a smaller version + make the larger version available otherwise.

--
-Jide