POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern II : Re: Fern II Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:21:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fern II
Date: 12 Mar 2002 12:25:16
Message: <3c8e39fc@news.povray.org>
Hi,

> > since it would have blocked the backlight.
> no it wouldn't...  it's a shadowless light_source, it doens't get blocked
:)

Aha? I must admit that I use shadowless lights rather seldom (not really
realistic). I thought it just doesn't cast shadows but can be hidden by
other objects. I didn't know that it shines -through- objects.... funny.

> > Looks a bit washed out IMHO.
> I like it!

It's yours ;-)

> > Next test will be with radiosity.
> Will be much slower and the results won't be much different I think...

Slower for sure.
What I can see up to now (1/3rd) doesn't really differ from your
version.....

regards
SY