POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Cheesy trees from an isosurface artifact : Re: Cheesy trees from an isosurface artifact Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:22:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cheesy trees from an isosurface artifact
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 12 Mar 2002 11:39:06
Message: <3c8e2f2a@news.povray.org>
Hmm, probably not good in animation, but it would make a nice
experiment.  My first thought is that if it is doing what I think
(mathematically), they will show funny illumination changes as it rotates or
is circled by a camera.  But it's certainly worth a try.
    I have only recently discovered these groups, so sorry if I post
something in the wrong place; I will be more careful and check around first.
    The LEDs are pretty much in limbo, having gotten some good looking
shadows.  I still see a couple of artifacts there, but I think it is because
I did not specify the ground as a target for the photons.  I might have to
re-render that today.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip