POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern II : Re: Fern II Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:18:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fern II
Date: 12 Mar 2002 11:34:07
Message: <3c8e2dff@news.povray.org>
> Gosh!!  :o)  Well, pardon me if I missed something in previous threads but
> wouldn't it be a good idea to reuse some leafs?  I know you have coded a

Hmmm. Hardly. The whole fern is a single mesh. Doesn't help to reuse
triangles, at least you have to move them to their proper place *gg*

> good way to control details, but 116 MB is still .... *raise eyebrows*
:o)

Well... it is large of course. On the other hand: the LOD settings are quite
young and not yet properly arranged. Additionally the number of triangles
per leaf isn't set up correctly yet. I think I can cut down the file size to
the half without loosing details (in the front).

And: don't forget that the main wings are 50cm in length and have more than
80 leaves each!

> But good work!

Thanks. As you know: it took long enough.
regards
SY