POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Inquisition WIP : Re: Inquisition WIP Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:12:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Inquisition WIP
From: Shay
Date: 12 Mar 2002 09:59:22
Message: <3c8e17ca$1@news.povray.org>
Coridon Henshaw <che### [at] sympaticoca> wrote in message
news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...

> I wasn't originally planning on making any more changes to the capital
ship
> for this scene.  But, what kind of details were you looking for that you
> didn't see?
>
> I realize the ship doesn't have much of a sense of scale, but I'm not sure
> what I can do about that without doing silly cliche things like putting
> windows all over the hull...

Some structures in the dark parts of the edge would really help.
Of course panels will help with the scale as well. I think that very close
panels with a minimum amount of curve at the edges would give the appearance
of a large ship. This can be done quickly with a normal map.

> > Very good for a day's work, however. I really hope you finish it.
>
> I'm still working on it.  :-)

I'm looking forward to updates.

 -Shay