POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : n-body system : Re: n-body system Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:21:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: n-body system
From: Draco
Date: 11 Mar 2002 20:49:09
Message: <3c8d5e95$1@news.povray.org>
The size of each particle was identical to the others, the masses were not
identical.  The white particle was set at 150% of the mass of the other
particles which were all the same.  I was thinking of adding some code to
automatically set the size of the particle according to the mass.
I think the formula is V=4/3*pi*R^3 so R=(3/4/pi*V)^(1/3).  I would have to
do a few tests to determine what density to use.

As to whether a large number of particles would settle down into one big
particle or a stable universe, it would depend on the initial conditions.