POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Fern : Re: Fern Server Time
16 Aug 2024 06:14:39 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Fern
Date: 11 Mar 2002 14:06:29
Message: <3c8d0035@news.povray.org>
> The texture looks very good this time, but the dry leaves seem somewhat

Hm.. I thought it looks a bit like plastic again. But obviously I'm on the
right way.

> strange, there should be some 'half dead' leaves too and most of them
> should be at the beginning of the wing.

There is only one dead leaf which is the very small on the right lower end.
The others are "ill" leaves; yellowish-brownish ones I observed on some
ferns. They occur anywhere in the wing. I will implement a "rip-off" feature
since the ill leaves sometimes show up as the last leaves of the remants of
a cut-off wing...

We'll see. Tomorrow the full fern will be completed.

thanks for feedback,
regards,
SY