POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : n-body system : Re: n-body system Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:34:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: n-body system
From: Dave Brickell
Date: 11 Mar 2002 12:52:50
Message: <3c8ceef2$1@news.povray.org>
I appreciate it could be difficult to do but it would be a good challenge.

You do not need to compare every particle with every other particle as most
will be outside the gravitational field. I do not know the maths behind it
but I do know that the gravitaitional field drops off the further you get
from an object (thus making the math more difficult).

I lay down the gauntlet to anybody who fancies tackling this.

Dave