POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Menu flickering on the mac : Re: Menu flickering on the mac Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:26:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Menu flickering on the mac
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 10 Mar 2002 17:51:21
Message: <3c8be369@news.povray.org>
In article <3C8BD40C.A6E817EC@spiritone.com> , Josh English
<eng### [at] spiritonecom>  wrote:

> You're right. It was only happening in POV-Ray (I'm not finding anything
> wrong with this program at all that you don't know about already). Today
> a second application is getting the menu flicker. I found out that it
> was the OSA Menu extension. I disable it and everything is peachy.
>
> I guess I'm useless as a beta tester ; )

No, because now I know what causes this problem if someone else reports it!

> To be fair, I've seen programs that use the Mercutio MDEF cause problems
> in other applications. Not recently, but I've seen it happen.

Well, as those extensions have to mess around in the system to apply their
patch it isn't really surprising.  And there are other applications that have
a habit of causing system-wide problems, too.  One is Internet Explorer 5
which messes up scroll bar thumb colors in some other M$ applications :-(

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde