POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG) : Re: Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:28:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Centrifugal Forces, PartixGen (331kb MPG)
From: Rune
Date: 10 Mar 2002 17:39:13
Message: <3c8be091$1@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> Here's my newest test-animation.

That's a nice effect!

However, I'm not sure what the purpose of the metal tube is. Is it supposed
to be a real object or just a visualizasion of the path that the white glow
is taking? Is it the tube that's the emitter or is it the white glow? If the
tube is the emitter, then what is the white glow, and if the white glow is
the emitter, then what is the tube? Maybe you could take basis in some
example from real life.

If the white glow is the emitter, then there might be a flaw in the inertia
design of the particles, because then inertia should have effect for all
movements of the white glow, not just the global rotation.

I'm not sure I exaplin very well what I mean, but it would be easier if you
took basis in some situation from real life.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)