POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : [Linux] -h doesn't seem to work. : Re: [Linux] -h doesn't seem to work. Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:21:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: [Linux] -h doesn't seem to work.
From: Mark Gordon
Date: 8 Mar 2002 22:13:34
Message: <3c897dde$1@news.povray.org>
On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 14:12:20 -0500, Thorsten Froehlich wrote:

> In article <slr### [at] zero-ppslocaldomain> , Steve
> <ste### [at] zeroppsuklinuxnet>  wrote:
>
>> The command line help doesn't seem to work with any of the numbers as
>> specified in the man page.
>>
>> I've tried:
>>
>> povray -h0
>> povray -H0
>> povray +h0
>> povray +H0
>>
>> and tried other numbers too.
>>
>> It's asthough it's still looking for an input file name on the command
>> line.
>
> You are mistaking the image height with help.  Take a look in the manual
> for the correct syntax because if the above really is in the man page,
> the man page is incorrect.

OK, but then so is the Usage function in optout.  "povray -h" still gives
a full usage summary, as does "povray" alone or with "-?" or "-help".
"povray -h[0-7]" doesn't give a subset, as described sketchily in the man
page and in greater detail in the usage summary.  This worked in 3.1g, and
it's easy enough to figure out whether -h[0-7] is the only option, so it
shouldn't be too hard to make it work again.

Now that I poke at it, I see that some of the Unix-specific (mostly
X-related) command-line options aren't working, either.  I'll look into
fixing that for the next beta.

-Mark Gordon