POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : "Meshyfied" Bezier patch (116KB) : Re: "Meshyfied" Bezier patch (116KB) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:19:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: "Meshyfied" Bezier patch (116KB)
From: Shay
Date: 7 Mar 2002 17:21:16
Message: <3c87e7dc$1@news.povray.org>
Tor Olav Kristensen <tor### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message

Looks good.
I played around with these surfaces the first time I saw them on a web page,
but Povray has NOT taught me any patience, so I only ever use very simple
isos for anything serious. I like the idea of having Povray build and create
curves and shapes for me based on only a few control points, but I don't
like the idea of waiting for my computer to perform the calculations every
time I render.

Turning these surfaces into a mesh is a good idea. Your technique can
probably be easily modified to build a surface around a cylinder, or one
that doubles back over itself, something which I don't believe is possible
with iso parametric surfaces.

 -Shay