POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : First example of my HF macros : Re: First example of my HF macros Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:15:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: First example of my HF macros
From: Shay
Date: 7 Mar 2002 09:56:40
Message: <3c877fa8@news.povray.org>
That looks AWESOME. I can see a lot of utility with this macro for making
thinks like stamped text, worn stone tablets, knobby bronze objects, etc. I
have tried creating this effect in the past with a low resolution
heightfield, but without your square dividing algorithm, the results were
quite poor.

If you can wait for just one more day, I have been doing some speed
experiments and can speed up the normalizing algorithm a LOT. I have removed
the extra steps from the algorithm, "functionalized" all of my formulas, and
combined some processes. And in defense of all of my rewrites. I can at
least say that my first version worked as intended. <g>

   -Shay