POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] : Re: plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:24:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.]
Date: 7 Mar 2002 02:01:08
Message: <3c871034@news.povray.org>
> I think that porting it to delphi/pascal or c when the macros are 100%
> finished wouldn't be a very difficult thing to do (providing that you
don't

No, I don't think so either.

> use the trace() functionalities). If I'd ever find the
time/energy/appetite
> to do that I can do that (only with your permission of course).

Not at all. The macros are very simple in syntax and run even on 3.1g. I
just used megaPov due to the memory macros which speed up things
significantly.

Feel free to modify the code (when I posted it). However, there is a
disadvantage in using anything else than POV macros. Since it is only a
toolset you need to write some code to model your own plants. On a ported
version you'd need C,C++, Java or Delphi or whatever to do this. Macros can
be used by anyone who uses PoV.

With the time I expect to have a small set of plants ready for use. But
whenever I create a new plant it would have to be ported again (beside some
enhancements in the toolset or new macros).....

Developing is not the difficult part. The challenge is to maintain the
software and to keep it alive while improving it at the same time. :)

regards
SY