POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Creature progress (MPEG) : Re: Creature progress (MPEG) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:37:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Creature progress (MPEG)
From: Jide
Date: 6 Mar 2002 16:27:19
Message: <3c8689b7@news.povray.org>
Hugo wrote:
> if Pov coding = yes
>    declare  I am very impressed!

The day I code something like this in POV I'm gonna...
Damn, I can't come up with anything witty :)
Anyway, it was modelled with Wings3D. After 3.5 beta ends I'm gonna start
bugging someone to code in subdivison surfaces (I don't think it should be
that hard). This way I don't have to subdivide the model in wings. This will
make the filesizes smaller and allow easily changeable resolution of the
mesh.

> if Poser = yes
>   declare  I don't know how much credit should be yours and how much is
done
> by the program..

I don't have Poser. I thought about buying the current issue of Computer
Arts beacuse it's supposed to have full version of Poser 3 on te CD. After
some thinking I've decided not to buy it since I don't seem to have any need
for it.

> But in either case, I hardly see the flaws you're talking about.. Though
It
> depends if you want him to be an alien or not.. :o)

See Martin Magnussons post in this thread. He saw the flaws :)

>Will you be trying character animation?

I've played a bit with this model in blender. I have never before modelled
anything like this, nor have I used bones/morphs. So far I've managed to
make some facemorphs and make him smile. I've also built a simple skeleton
and tried some deforming (It wasn't pretty but I guess it was ok for my
first). The joints just aren't built right for animation.

>I must say it looks very good so far.

Thank you.

--
-Jide