POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] : Re: plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:17:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.]
Date: 6 Mar 2002 15:31:25
Message: <3c867c9d@news.povray.org>
> > party products. You may call me crazy ;-)
>
> No, but if you want others to use your toolkit too you should take care of
> making it easy to use and write some documentation, if people need to dig
> through the whole code to customize the parameters there won't be many who
> will use it.

Thank you for the explanation :-)
Now I know what I did wrong the last 10 years I was busy as software
developer :-)))
Just kidding.

Beside that I don't expect that anyone will use these macros (except
myself), as separate Windows-native code applications exist for shure which
make possible better results within few seconds....
It doesn't make sense to write these macros beside the fact that I can be
proud of myself that I managed a challenge which wouldn't exist if I'd use
ready-for-use code *g*
See?

> And even if you write things yourself it's often useful to have a look at
> similar tools that have previously been made.

It is my speciality NOT to look at others code. Re-inventing the weel is fun
and prevents of making the same mistakes while it simultaneously gives the
chance of making completely new ones! *lol*

have fun,

regards
SY