POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] : Re: plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:22:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: plant creation toolkit [22kB and 47kB b.u.]
Date: 6 Mar 2002 15:23:52
Message: <3c867ad8$1@news.povray.org>
> Will your set of macros be able of simulating wind and gravity and things
> like that?

Huh! No. (Not yet?)
Parsing time is 1 1/2 h on a 500MHz PIII. This is the PC I (illegally) used
in my office. At home I have a PRE-MMX Pentium 200Mhz.... I guesstimate
(according to previous rendering comparisons) that parsing time would be at
least 5-8 hours. Each frame... All is done in POV macros no external
programs. I once thought about porting to Delphi but this would cut my
chances of developing the code to 1/3. Simply undoable. It is just a set of
handy (plant-related) tools. Not a simulation prog.

However, beside the parsing time it would be rather easy to implement. At
least a "fake" simulation and not really a fully computed one. Manipulating
the stem(s) and the arrangement of the leaves is very easy and modular. But
I could never try it out! .-)

regards
SY