POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : For Hugo. Irregular mesh smoothing idea. : Re: Does this look right to you, ABX? Server Time
16 Aug 2024 16:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Does this look right to you, ABX?
From: Shay
Date: 6 Mar 2002 14:24:20
Message: <3c866ce4@news.povray.org>
Well, the results *look* correct. I implemented the formula you suggested,
and the parse is still pretty quick. I tested a 100x100 mesh on my P2 650 at
work with lots of memory-hogging programs running on it, and the parse was
still under a minute.

I cancelled the version from pbs-f that I posted from work and will cancel
the others when I get home, but I might run several tests, or at least get
confirmation from ABX that my function is correct, before I post this new
version.

 -Shay

Shay <sah### [at] simcopartscom> wrote in message news:3c866379@news.povray.org...
> The demonstration file I wrote finds all of the side lengths first and
> stores them in an array. A #local statement at the beginning  of each
"case"
> macro could find the length of the diagonal. So, would this give an
accurate
> result?
>
>  #include "functions.inc"
>  #local triangle_area_engine=function{(x+y+z)*(y+z-x)*(x+y-z)*(x+z-y)/16}
>  #local Triangle_Area =  triangle_area_engine(Side_1_Length,
Side_2_Length,