POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : crash with "recursion" in functions : Re: crash with "recursion" in functions Server Time
29 Jul 2024 20:25:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: crash with "recursion" in functions
From: Kevin Ellis
Date: 6 Mar 2002 14:22:41
Message: <3c866c81@news.povray.org>

news:uoj68uk5m391emvphovqfbg5vl0en7h2q6@4ax.com...
> POV 3.5 b 11 icl on WinNT Sp 6 PII 233 with 128 MB
>
> Following script causes crash in POV-Ray 3.5 b 11.

This script does produce 'The POV-Ray core rendering code cused an access
violation exception' message. Click ok and I can render any other scene ok.

But, then when I try to re-render the scene again it gives an illegal
operation message and POV has to be shut down.

In the message pane I get 'Rendering error: Maximum function evaluation
recursion level reached'.

Did try note 2. Replacing the Pattern() function with u1+v1, or any constant
or x or y or x+y, works ok, no crash, seems to be realted to the Pattern()
function itself.

Kev