POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : particle system liquid (358kb mpeg) : Re: particle system liquid (358kb mpeg) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:32:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: particle system liquid (358kb mpeg)
From: Sir Charles W  Shults III
Date: 5 Mar 2002 15:09:55
Message: <3c852613$1@news.povray.org>
On this animation, I am impressed with the overall appearance, but I had
a thought.  What if you start "filling" the bottom with a liquid level, like
a sine surface?  Now you can fake the number of spheres down to a reasonable
number as the liquid level grows.  Just remember that the volume is going to
increase more slowly by the factor of 1/2 over time, due to the wedge shape,
and you can make it a linear level algorithm.

Cheers!

Chip Shults
My robotics, space and CGI web page - http://home.cfl.rr.com/aichip