POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : For Hugo. Irregular mesh smoothing idea. : Re: For Hugo. Irregular mesh smoothing idea. Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For Hugo. Irregular mesh smoothing idea.
From: Shay
Date: 5 Mar 2002 10:05:32
Message: <3c84debc$1@news.povray.org>
Hugo <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message

> Wow, you did it!!  :o)  That's great!  I already had a look at the
> sourcecode. It is well-documented and understandable. I like the long
names
> to variables. Your idea is a much better approch to the many different
> states of a square (2 to 8 faces).

Sometimes it just takes another set of eyes looking at a problem.

> Now I'll try to implement it to my code. I create the faces prior to
> deciding which case [/] [\] to use, so this shouldn't happen twice. The
> output should be mesh2, but I think I'll easily solve these things.. I'll
be
> back after a closer look..
>
> I have a working code now, it can't go fully wrong!  :o)
> *Thanks!*

Glad it helped. As far as converting to #mesh2. The vertices and normals are
already in arrays, so there will not be any problem writing it out as
#mesh2. I used #mesh because it is easier for another person to read.

I'm looking forward to using your final macro. I experimented last night
with dividing all of the squares with one or the other case, and it does
make a very big difference.

 -Shay