POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : smooth height_fields : Re: smooth height_fields Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:16:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth height_fields
From: Hugo
Date: 4 Mar 2002 16:14:56
Message: <3c83e3d0$1@news.povray.org>
>>That's true, but a good guess, after all.. The native HF should be able to
>>look as good as Zeager's IMO.

>Ditto, but I fear it is too late for such deep changes in the 3.5
>code.

But maybe it should be considered a bug.. There has been other recent
discussions about heightfields and several people have noticed strange
phenomenes like this.. I think we all agree it looks wrong.. I don't know
how complex the sourcecode is but Zeger's is only a few lines.. It's
probably more complex in C, but a bug like this shoudn't really be able to
hide for more than an evening or two.. imho.. (though I'm not skilled in C.)

Regards,
Hugo