POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoV modeling : Re: PoV modeling Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:16:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV modeling
From: Shay
Date: 4 Mar 2002 14:17:32
Message: <3c83c84c@news.povray.org>
Hugo <hua### [at] post3teledk> wrote in message news:3c83b17d@news.povray.org...

> That's something I never considered (I think).. I'm not even sure I fully
> understand it..

I attached a piece of wire frame to show what I'm talking about.

>But the more I look at the shape, the more impressed I
> become..

Wow, thanks.

>How versalite do you think these macros could become? ... I'm working on
something with
> heightfields myself (but currently I'm stuck)..

The macros I made for this aren't very versatile. The vertices require from
three to as many as 12 triangles to figure their normals, so unless a mesh
is constructed exactly like mine, they will not help much.
I wrote a macro that takes an n-by-n array (mesh_array[columns][rows]) and
writes out a #mesh2 macro with normals. If this would help with your
heightfield work, I would be glad to clean it up and send it to you tonight.
Let me know.

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: