POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoV modeling : Re: PoV modeling Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:17:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PoV modeling
From: Hugo
Date: 3 Mar 2002 12:49:37
Message: <3c826231@news.povray.org>
> This is about 34K triangles lovingly placed by hand. I wanted to
demonstrate
> the kind of awesome control that scripting can provide.

Wow! Did you use macros for this? How did you get that much control over
shape, plus having normals.... I don't see an easy pattern to this... Is it
a heightfield lathe?

The texture is good but looks a bit confusing. It would benefit from blurred
reflection! Have you tried this? Since your model is triangle based, it
renders very fast so it won't be killed by blurred reflection .. and soft
shadows of course!

Very good work.  :o)

Hugo