POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PoV modeling : PoV modeling Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:16:54 EDT (-0400)
  PoV modeling
From: Shay
Date: 3 Mar 2002 12:25:21
Message: <3c825c81@news.povray.org>
This is about 34K triangles lovingly placed by hand. I wanted to demonstrate
the kind of awesome control that scripting can provide. Something similar
could have been done much simpler, but if you look closely at the model you
will notice that the peaks of the curves at the holes follow the curve of
the main body and that the curves all merge smoothly into the body.

I would also like to know what y'all think of my texture. I put as much time
into getting that look as I did the modeling.

The first person to show me how this could have been done in 5 minutes with
an iso-blob wins a free video tape of me screaming and pulling out my
hair.<g>

 -Shay

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: