POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Subsurface Scattering : Re: Subsurface Scattering Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:13:43 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Scattering
From: Hugo
Date: 3 Mar 2002 06:39:01
Message: <3c820b55@news.povray.org>
> I think a more realistic way, is a white scattering media and a colored
> absorption media.  For example: this material gives a pinkish
> subsurfacescattering effect:

Thanks! I'll play with this today.  :o)  I tried media scattering myself but
your results looks better. I'm trying to improve a plastic texture, not skin
texture btw.. As I took a digital photo of some plastic, I noticed this
effect very clearly.. it adds a lot to realism.. Hope I can simulate this
(without blowing render time)

Thanks again.

Hugo