POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Re: Subsurface Scattering : Re: Subsurface Scattering Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:15:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Subsurface Scattering
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 3 Mar 2002 06:23:45
Message: <3c8207c1$1@news.povray.org>
> > > Is this pure POV-Ray? Any chance that we can see the code?
> > hmmm, I only have the wax version, overwrote the others...  Maybe I
could
> > recreate the skin and stone version. I'll see what I can do :)
> I'm very interested in this! I'd very much like the code for the wax
> version! Do you use media or ... povman?
I used a white scattering media and a filtering colored surface, but I think
that's not the most realistic way to do these things.
I think a more realistic way, is a white scattering media and a colored
absorption media.  For example: this material gives a pinkish
subsurfacescattering effect:
 material {
  texture {
   pigment {
    rgbf 1
   }
   finish {
    ambient 0
    specular 1 roughness .01
   }
  }
  interior {
   media {
    #declare Color=<1,.5,.25>;
    #declare opacity=1;
    #declare Diffuse=.8*opacity;
    scattering {1,10*Diffuse extinction (1/(Diffuse+.0001))*opacity*1.75}
    absorption rgb (1-Color)*10*Diffuse
    intervals 50
    samples 1,150
    method 3