POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : smooth height_fields : Re: smooth height_fields Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: smooth height_fields
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 2 Mar 2002 14:51:07
Message: <3c812d2b@news.povray.org>
> I would suggest you render a lower resolution version without smoothing so
> you can see the single triangles and compare the results.
Ok, they are not 100% the same.  But close enough.  The smoothed versions
should not be that different.

I made a mistake in my scene.  The height_field had a resolution of 1 less
than the other version.  I fixed it, and now they *really* have the same
geometry, as you can see in the first attached image...  But still, the
smoothed height_field doesn't look as good as it should, as you can see in
the seconde attached image...

cu!
--
ZK AKA SaD
http://www.povplace.be.tf

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'heightfield4.jpg' (19 KB) Download 'heightfield5.jpg' (12 KB)

Preview of image 'heightfield4.jpg'
heightfield4.jpg

Preview of image 'heightfield5.jpg'
heightfield5.jpg