POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : AutoCAD2POV sample : Re: AutoCAD2POV sample Server Time
16 Aug 2024 08:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: AutoCAD2POV sample
From: cadman
Date: 27 Feb 2002 17:53:58
Message: <3c7d6386@news.povray.org>
> Funny looking plane, I am afraid you have to redefine aerodynamics
> to make it fly, but who cares as long as it looks good :)

I'm not exactly the engineering type...Then again, I can't imagine the
Silver Surfer being restrained by the laws of physics.

> What did you use to generate the POV file from the Autocad design?...

Well, it just so happens that I jsut released the beta of AutoCAD2POV
(http://autocad2pov.povray.co.uk).  It's a plug-in (arx) for AutoCAD 2000+,
I'd be curious to see how it does with Mechanical Desktop objects.
According to Autodesk's docs, it should work fine...Let me know.