POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A Garden for My Lady : Re: A Garden for My Lady Server Time
16 Aug 2024 14:19:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A Garden for My Lady
From: =Bob=
Date: 26 Feb 2002 14:06:03
Message: <3c7bdc9b@news.povray.org>
Hi Mick,

"Mick Hazelgrove" <mic### [at] mhazelgrovefsnetcouk> wrote in message

You said:

: the butterflies, are very close to the camera and intentionally large
: Mick

But when you look at the picture, the first butterfly
on the left (the biggest one) looks like it is further
away from the camera than the little pink flower that
is positioned to the left of it. If so, then the butterfly
seems about 10 times bigger than the flower.

From my perspective, the blades of grass are in
front of the butterfly too, making it look further away
than the flower.

If you want to take the eye to your subject better,
perhaps have her wear a brighter color dress and
tone down the bridge, unless the bridge is your
subject. The bright color of the butterflies tends to
draw the eye away from the girl too. Maybe a bright
bouquet of flowers in her hand or a ribbon in her
hair? I don't know... The dragonflies look a little big
too. Try taking the bridge out?

Personally, I like the color of the water. I think the
sky is a little drab. Love the grass and cattails.

Still, a wonderful picture! I love your rocks. How do
you make those?

=Bob=