POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A puzzle for everyone : Re: A puzzle for everyone Server Time
4 Oct 2024 19:19:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A puzzle for everyone
From: Peter Popov
Date: 24 Feb 1999 00:03:14
Message: <3c7a7204.9081281@news.povray.org>
On 23 Feb 1999 21:52:21 -0500, "SamuelT." <mma### [at] aolcom> wrote:

>Hello, I mis-placed this last night on the binary text news server. I now
>realize this is the place to put images!
>
>I wanted to see if anyone could figure out how I made this object
>(attached). Evidently, it has been cut open with other objects, but the
>texture and the shape are not usually possible. The pigment is a real 3d
>pigment.
>
>email:
>
>MMa### [at] aolcom

Two ways, I reckon. One is a parametric in SuperPatch, the other
(simpler) is to create the usual straight log, slice it in parts and
bend it.

Do I win a candy bar?

Ha! I beat you to it! You might want to check out my twister.inc I
recently posted in p.b.utilities, as well as several examples to it in
p.b.images . It does the same effect.

---------
Peter Popov
ICQ: 15002700