POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : This may be my first *complete* scene (75K) : Re: This may be my first *complete* scene (75K) Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:25:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: This may be my first *complete* scene (75K)
From: jimbobjim
Date: 23 Feb 2002 12:33:45
Message: <3c77d279$1@news.povray.org>
----- Original Message -----
From: "Slime" <noo### [at] hotmailcom>
Newsgroups: povray.binaries.images
Sent: Friday, February 22, 2002 1:57 AM
Subject: Re: This may be my first *complete* scene (75K)

> My gosh! Look at the pollution!

I think this may be my over entusiastic first attempt at using the fog, but
it is however nesecary to 'cover up' the fact that there are only a finite
number of the shapes which extend only a couple of hundred units into the
distance...i'll tweak the fog colour a little

> =) jk, I like it, though it seems a bit simple - a big island in the
> distance may add something.

I did think that in some form it would serve as a nice background to my
currently backgroundless IRTC effort. and seeing as there's only 5 days left
it probably will have to do, although when I pull them together I'm hoping
it won't look like two scenes that are just 'glued' together.

> did you intend for the shapes to be floating? 'cause they're hovering in
the
> air at the moment.
The shapes are floating yes, like in the original
image(http://www.henrywagner.org/povray/images/field1.htm) although now you
mention it, a nice addition may be to make an isosurface ocean (or similar
object with actual waves) and use trace() to place the shapes on the waves.
(a bit too advanced for me at the moment perhaps)

Jim