POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Magic Lamp 2 (particle system) : Re: Magic Lamp 2 (particle system) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:28:51 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magic Lamp 2 (particle system)
From: Rune
Date: 22 Feb 2002 18:47:51
Message: <3c76d8a7@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" wrote:
> How did you actually calculate the positions for the
> particles? Did you use trace on the object (which I
> suppose is how you did it)?

Yes, I used trace on the object to find the initial position and direction
of movement for each particle. Do you also use trace in your system?

> My system is very much capable of doing just such
> an animation, because it doesn't seem like your
> particles are bouncing off the walls or the lamp again...

No, I think it would look unnatural if they bounced... :)

I could however make the particles glide out of the way of the lamp - I
think I'll try just that.

> I expect my system to be out earlier than yours.
> Maybe you'd have a look at it then?

If nothing more, I'll at least have a superficial look at the demo scenes
and documentation. Did you mean something else besides that?

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)