POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Spline inconsistencies : Re: Spline inconsistencies Server Time
30 Jul 2024 06:24:24 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Spline inconsistencies
From: Rune
Date: 22 Feb 2002 04:26:13
Message: <3c760eb5@news.povray.org>
"Warp" wrote:
>   I personally don't like the current spline syntax at all.
> Forced time values are a bother and make writing splines a
> lot more tedious.

Just make a macro that automatically assigns time values. This means that
the user has the choice of using time values or not. That's not the case
with Chris Colefax's include file.

>   But the several spline include files out there (eg. the
> Colefax's one) already do this, and they support a lot more
> features than pov3.5's splines do (eg. approximating evenly
> spaced points in the spline).

But for basic spline usage, the syntax and use is much easier with the
spline{} feature. And the more advanced things can be done with a
combination of the spline{} feature and macros. And did I forget to say that
the internal splines are much faster than splines generated by include
files?

I'm glad we have the spline{} feature.

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)