POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Mexican Flag (MPG1) : Re: Mexican Flag (MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:37:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Mexican Flag (MPG1)
From: Apache
Date: 22 Feb 2002 00:37:12
Message: <3c75d908@news.povray.org>
I know what you folks mean. To make the cloth stiffer/thicker the amount of
spring connections between the cloth particles should be increased.
Unfortunately more springs connections will take more time to simulate.
I was lucky today and managed to get my totally renewed clothing code
working. My previous versions were able to simulate stiff clothing as you
can see in my previously posted animations.

The new version will be able to accept more detailed cloth-descriptions, so
the user will be able to describe stiff clothes or clothes that are
partially stiff or clothes that tear or shrink.
I'm still figuring out a way to handle friction forces in a both realistic
and fast way. Especially the cloth-cloth friction forces are driving me
nuts.