POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's not friday, and it's not meant to be an abstract, but anyway... : Re: It's not friday, and it's not meant to be an abstract, but anyway... Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:20:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: It's not friday, and it's not meant to be an abstract, but anyway...
From: Tek
Date: 21 Feb 2002 19:30:56
Message: <3c759140$1@news.povray.org>
Josh English <eng### [at] spiritonecom> wrote in message
> It's beautiful! Both images!

Thank you :)

> I'm a little confused by the color_map, though. I though all color_map
> indexes had to be between 0 and 1

I confess I'm not entirely sure of the limitations. I think colour maps may span
any range, but obviously only values the pigment formula uses will be used. So
in this case my function is in the range 0 to 1000, so I use that for my colour
map. But maybe it just clamps the values at 1...

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com