POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu] : Re: PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu] Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:22:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: PIP tesselation [about 50Kbu]
From: Hugo
Date: 21 Feb 2002 19:18:05
Message: <3c758e3d@news.povray.org>
> As far as I can tell (I can't find any clear explanations of it), it
> takes a group of points as input and produces a surface from them. A
> surface, not necessarily the surface that produced the points. And you
> still have the problem of generating the points on edges.

Thanks for your input. My understanding - though limited, but I did read
articles on delaunay triangulation some time ago - is that they generate a
very good mesh, matching the original form precisely but with few triangles.
The idea is that you trace enough points to have a very precise input for
the delaunay triangulation, which will then generate the final mesh by
carefully choosing the most important points.

I can try to find again the articles I read, if this will be useful.

Regards,
Hugo