POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Magic Lamp 2 (particle system) : Re: Magic Lamp 2 (particle system) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:25:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magic Lamp 2 (particle system)
From: Stephen Bell
Date: 21 Feb 2002 14:07:34
Message: <3c754576@news.povray.org>
I think you're right.  The textured disks look better, mostly because of
their starred appearance.  Is there any way to have the movement of the lamp
affect the movement of the particles?  What I mean is, if the lamp is moving
to the right, and the particle is shot off to the right, does it have
increased speed compared to a particle shot off to the left?  I'm not sure
if I'm making myself clear, but it looks as though the particles speed is
independent of the lamp, and particles may even go back through the lamp if
the lamp moves fast enough in any direction.  I hope that made sense.  Nice
animation.

Stephen