POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Magic Lamp 1 (particle system) : Re: Magic Lamp 1 (particle system) Server Time
20 Jul 2024 03:25:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Magic Lamp 1 (particle system)
From: Rune
Date: 21 Feb 2002 09:02:14
Message: <3c74fde6@news.povray.org>
"Grey Knight" wrote:
> Rune wrote:
> > Oh yeah, lots of magic things do. Farries (probably
> > originating from Peter Pan), magic wands, and, well,
> > this magic lamp does too!
>
> That's pixies. Faeries (or fairies if you like) don't
> glow. Or sparkle. Or have ickle wings. Or... etc

I was never aware of the distinction and didn't know the word "pixie" as no
corresponding word exist in my language AFAIK. Could you describe the
difference between fairies and pixies? And what does "ickle" mean?

Followup-to povray.off-topic

Rune
Rune's World:    http://rsj.mobilixnet.dk (updated Feb 16)