POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Mexican Flag (MPG1) : Mexican Flag (MPG1) Server Time
19 Jul 2024 21:35:38 EDT (-0400)
  Mexican Flag (MPG1)
Date: 20 Feb 2002 20:44:54
Message: <3c745116@news.povray.org>
In this experiment I'm trying to use a real photograph as a background for
my cloth animation. I'm using a photogram from the Ministry of
Communications building in the historical center of Mexico City. Now it is
serves as an important museum. I took this photograph almost a year ago, and
yesterday I thought it would be a good idea if I added a simulated cloth as
a flag.

I think the wind should have been weaker because the cloth vibrates a bit
too much for my taste.

Technical specs:
* 49x49 mesh
* no cloth-cloth collision detection
* 10 hours of simulation (601 frames)
* 1:15 hours of rendering

I hope you liked it and I'll be glad to receive any comments. Unfortunately,
work has been building up lately, so I might not be able to play with cloths
as much as I would like to...

Fernando.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: