POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Heightfield problem : Re: heightfields Server Time
30 Jul 2024 22:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: heightfields
From: RAY
Date: 19 Feb 2002 18:39:41
Message: <3c72e23d$1@news.povray.org>
<snip>
> originally, it's DEM->TGA->edited image.  So yes, USGS data initially,
> then edit it, then make a very high res terrain from that.
    I think I see the problem, did you use more colors in the heightfield,
or did you just save as a higher resolution, then it wouldn't smooth and
would look like your picture does when two when the color changes more than
one shade.  Try lowering the number of colors in the picture you make the
heightfield from.  That seems to be your problem, although i'm not sure.
Try lowering the depth to the original.
<snip>