POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : 16 bit images : 16 bit images Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:20:10 EDT (-0400)
  16 bit images
From: eric
Date: 19 Feb 2002 15:08:10
Message: <3c72b0aa@news.povray.org>
It seems like pov should be able to export in 16 bit color.  rather than the
24 that it uses defaultly.  I have spent a good deal of time working on this
and have yet to figure out a way to do this.

Currently if you are running in sixteen bit mode it creates a banded image.
I have tried exporting a 24 bmp and then coverting it to a 16 bit targ but
this creates the banding (as i suspected)  the best solution is really to
have pov export this way.

if any of you more experienced users would like to explain it to me it would
be great.

thanks

eric