POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : arrays : arrays Server Time
5 Sep 2024 02:19:14 EDT (-0400)
  arrays
From: jimbobjim
Date: 18 Feb 2002 19:53:39
Message: <3c71a213@news.povray.org>
Hi

Am I right in thinking that to set a float value equal to the nth element of
an array I would do something like:

#declare my_array = array[3] {10,11,12}

#declare my_value = array[2];

hence my_value would take its value from the 2nd array element, ie  = 11.
The only problem is, I get a
"Parse Error: All #declares of float, vector, and color require semi-colon
';' at end if the
language version is set to 3.5 or higher.
Either add the semi-colon or set the language version to 3.1 or lower."
error - even though the semi-colon is present.

Thanks
jim