POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : It's not friday, and it's not meant to be an abstract, but anyway... : It's not friday, and it's not meant to be an abstract, but anyway... Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:29:34 EDT (-0400)
  It's not friday, and it's not meant to be an abstract, but anyway...
From: Tek
Date: 18 Feb 2002 17:23:33
Message: <3c717ee5@news.povray.org>
I knocked this together at lunch time. It's not supposed to look like this, but
some interesting errors occured in the media formula! I particularly like the
line of ufos that appeared in the first image, I didn't put them there!!

I found that I could remove these "errors" by reducing the size of the object
the media is in and increasing the samples, but I thought I'd post the error
'cause it looks much nicer than the proper version!

For those who are curious, the media density looks like this:
    density {
     function {
      1/(0.001 + sqrt(x*x + z*z)*y)
     }
     scale 1000
     translate -10*y

     poly_wave 3

     colour_map {
      [0 rgb 0]
      [1000 rgb 10]
     }
    }

Though the formula was a bit different for the first image.

Do you like it?

--
Tek
http://www.evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'spikemedia1.jpg' (28 KB) Download 'spikemedia2.jpg' (37 KB)

Preview of image 'spikemedia1.jpg'
spikemedia1.jpg

Preview of image 'spikemedia2.jpg'
spikemedia2.jpg