POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Yet one more starship : Re: Yet one more starship -- now brighter Server Time
16 Aug 2024 10:29:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Yet one more starship -- now brighter
From: Hugo
Date: 18 Feb 2002 03:45:33
Message: <3c70bf2d$1@news.povray.org>
I never use gamma correction in windows. The right way is, when Povray
output images that uses the whole spectre of light and has a subtle gamma
correction, as this will fit all viewers.. It's not only a matter of having
a good monitors adjusted correctly.. Daylight / night time also has great a
influence.. I have yet to see a monitor that are good at dark details when
there's sun in the room.. So when I render something to show other people, I
try to make an image that fit most situations at which people are looking..
This does not destroy the "content" of the image, it only enhances it.

Apart from this.. It's a nice spaceship, mr. Coridon..  :o)  There are some
nice triangular and circular patterns on the hull.. The image does looks
washed out however..

Hugo