POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Berserk again : Re: Berserk again Server Time
16 Aug 2024 12:30:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Berserk again
From: Zeger Knaepen
Date: 17 Feb 2002 11:19:45
Message: <3c6fd821$1@news.povray.org>
> Not bad.
hmmm, doesn't sound very enthousiastic... :-/

> I think the lens flare is a bit too prominent, though.  Maybe make it
> smaller and whiter.  Also note that the background starfield wouldn't be
> visible when looking so close to a close-up star--the glare would wash out
> the background completely.
You're right.  But you know what they say about the moon-photos: "it's fake,
cause you can't see no stars!" :)
Realism isn't always what people expect.
If you really want a "realistic" picture of this ship, you'd get just a
black spot, cause there should only a light behind the ship (the sun).  The
planet wouldn't be visible either, so you'd just get the lens-flare, which
you think is too bright.  So if I make it smaller, all you get is a small
flare.  Not really interesting huh? :)

cu!
--
ZK AKA SaD